The Curse Of The Daleks (2020)

The Curse Of The Daleks David Whitaker Terry Nation The Curse Of The Daleks Remember remember the Dalek DecemberWith Paris in ruins and London in emberIn times of the future when fears are abatingDon t try to forget them the Daleks are waitingQuietly planning and scheming
  • Title: The Curse Of The Daleks
  • Author: David Whitaker Terry Nation
  • ISBN: 9781844353750
  • Page: 158
  • Format: Audio CD
The Curse Of The Daleks David Whitaker Terry Nation Remember, remember, the Dalek DecemberWith Paris in ruins and London in emberIn times of the future when fears are abatingDon t try to forget them, the Daleks are waitingQuietly planning and scheming and hatingThe space ship Starfinder is taking two dangerous criminals for trial on Earth En route, they crash through a meteor storm and have to make an emergency landing onRemember, remember, the Dalek DecemberWith Paris in ruins and London in emberIn times of the future when fears are abatingDon t try to forget them, the Daleks are waitingQuietly planning and scheming and hatingThe space ship Starfinder is taking two dangerous criminals for trial on Earth En route, they crash through a meteor storm and have to make an emergency landing on Skaro the planet of the dreaded Daleks But Captain Redway and his faithful crew don t anticipate any trouble After all, the Daleks were defeated fifty years ago and now they are completely inactive But when a crate full of mysterious devices is discovered and the Daleks start to come back to life, it becomes clear that there is a traitor amongst the Starfinder s crew A traitor intent on reactivating the power of the Daleks
The Curse Of The Daleks David Whitaker Terry Nation

  • [MOBI] ✓ The Curse Of The Daleks | By ↠ David Whitaker Terry Nation
    David Whitaker Terry Nation

One thought on “The Curse Of The Daleks

  1. Dione Basseri

    MAN, I am glad I saved this one for last I got a bunch of Doctor Who radio plays in a Humble Bundle, and while some were okay, most were very forgettable This one was NOT Akin to And Then There Were None, a group of humans some prison transport workers, others prisoners land on the planet Skaro, the Dalek home world The Daleks are believed to be deactivated, but when the humans begin to die, one by one, and a Dalek goes missing, they realize that someone has orchestrated their landing and the Da [...]

  2. Christopher Buchanan

    This is good as a museum piece but as far as entertainment value goes, it s pretty lacking 75% of this is a crew sitting around making Olympic caliber deductive leaps and accusing each other of increasingly ridiculous shit The other 25% is Nick Briggs shouting through a ring modulator at said crew The science is atrocious, the acting is hammy and the story is your basic Terry Nation plot minus the Doctor And I m normally not one to cry foul on PC issues, but my god the misogyny is thick in this [...]

  3. Nicholas Whyte

    I was amused to note that we begin with convicts on a spaceship which they manage to take control of and bring to another planet where they have to do a deal with the local baddies the second episode of Blake s Seven reworks this with surprisingly few changes Later parts of the plot, with the Daleks human stooge reviving them, were recycled by David Whitaker in the first Troughton story, Power of the Daleks On top of providing the source material for those two excellent later pieces, Curse of th [...]

  4. Mel

    I was enjoying this quite a bit It definitely had the feel of an old Terry Nation dalek story There were hints of Blakes 7 as well as Doctor Who in this and I was getting quite drawn in It was interesting to see old fashioned sexism brought in and questioned in the story A sexist future where men outnumber women 7 to 1 I know dalek stories are supposed to be in distopias, but I m not sure how that one worked.Unfortunately I only had the first half of this Will have to track down the 2nd part.

  5. Michael Cummings

    I m still wrapping my head around stories in the Who verse without the Doctor being present This story was intended as a spin off back in the late 60 s and survives the test of time barely It takes a little while to build up, and there are some assumptions made that current readers fans might find odd in particular, an argument for why women should enjoy not having to work and just live a life of relaxed choices That said, still a good Dalek s rising story

  6. Steven Shinder

    This is certainly a product of its time There is a touch of sexism and not enough Dalek presence What I do like is the fact that people are able to fight Daleks without the help of The Doctor.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *